Oljedirektoratet

Drilling permit for wells 6507/3-13 and 6507/3-13 A in production licence 159 B

15/04/2019 The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Equinor Energy AS a drilling permit for wells 6507/3-13 and 6507/3-13 A, cf. Section 15 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Wells 6507/3-13 and 6507/3-13 A will be drilled from the Transocean Spitsbergen drilling facility in position 65 59`26.44 N and 07 44`43.02 E.

The drilling programme covers drilling of wildcat well 6507/3-13 and appraisal well 6507/3-13 A in production licence 159 B. Equinor Energy AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 85 per cent. The other licensee is INEOS E&P Norge AS with 15 per cent.

The area in this licence consists of part of block 6507/3. The wells will be drilled about four kilometres northwest of the Alve field. Production licence 159 B was awarded on 13 August 2004 in licensing round 12-B on the Norwegian shelf. This is the fifth exploration well to be drilled in the licence.

The permit is contingent on the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities prior to commencing the drilling activity.

Contact
Oljedirektoratet

Tel: +47 51 87 60 00

Updated: 15/04/2019

Latest news

Who deserves the Improved Recovery Award?
22/02/2024 For the twentieth time, companies are invited to nominate candidates for what will now be known as the Improved Recovery Award.
Drilling permit for well 7220/2-2
21/02/2024 The Norwegian Offshore Directorate has granted Equinor Energy AS drilling permit for well 7220/2-2 in production licence 1080, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Production figures January 2024
20/02/2024 Preliminary production figures for January 2024 show an average daily production of 2 071 000 barrels of oil, NGL and condensate.
The Resource Accounts for last year have now been published
20/02/2024 The Resource Accounts for 2023 show an increase in the volume of reserves and contingent resources. The overall petroleum resources have been reduced somewhat.
Change in the Guidelines for the Measurement Regulations
19/02/2024 The Norwegian Offshore Directorate has published a new Appendix 4 to the Guidelines for the Measurement Regulations.
Dry well in the North Sea
16/02/2024 Exploration well 35/11-28 S "Harden sør" in the North Sea proved to be dry. Equinor Energy AS is the operator of production licence 248 C.
Dry wells in the North Sea
14/02/2024 Vår Energi drilled wells 25/7-12 S and A 200 kilometres northwest of Stavanger, both of which were dry.
Drilling permit for well 36/7-5 S
07/02/2024 The Norwegian Offshore Directorate has granted Neptune Energy Norge AS drilling permit for well 36/7-5 S in production licence 636, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
Drilling permit for well 35/11-29 S
30/01/2024 The Norwegian Offshore Directorate has granted Wellesley Petroleum AS drilling permit for well 35/11-29 S in production licence 248 C, cf. Section 13 of the Resource Management Regulations.
The minerals we need
26/01/2024 Change is often difficult. This will also be true for the transition from fossil energy systems to renewables.