Permits for seabed minerals

Anyone who aims to acquire data outside the baseline must have been granted a scientific research permit from the Norwegian Offshore Directorate.

Until an area is opened for commercial activity, only the Norwegian state and academic research institutions can undertake data acquisition linked to seabed minerals.

Scientific research

Opening areas for mineral activities on parts of the Norwegian continental shelf (Norwegian only)

Updated: 21/12/2023

Did you find what you were looking for?

Do not enter personal information here.

We don't answer request from this form. We only use this response to improve the website.